Blow the Whistle on Asthma Fun Run
Sunday, September 16, 20075K and 10K Fun Run
Run Start: 8:15 a.m.
Registration: 7:45 a.m.
Join the American Lung Association of Nevada at Damonte Ranch High Shool for the Blow the Whistle on Asthma Fun Run! This 10km & 5km Run/Walk will raise funds to support children with asthma or other lung disease and their families in the Truckee Meadows. Asthma is a chronic condition affecting millions of Americans and many in Nevada. COPD and Bronchitis affect many more. In fact, lung disease is the 3rd leading cause of death nationwide and is on the rise.
For additional information on our Fun Run, please call 775-829-5864. Pre-registered runners/walkers will receive a free t-shirt, Jamba Juice smoothies and FREE LUNCH, as well as other giveaways. Electronic Chip Timing will be provided by Finish Line Productions.
- To help the estimated 10 million individuals who have had an asthma attack this year.
- To raise funds for important research and programs.
- To reduce the soaring economic costs of asthma. Over 12 billion is spent annually to keep Asthma under control.
- To join with your neighbors, family and friends to fight the asthma epidemic.
- To support local programs for people with Asthma, Lung Disease, and Tobacco Use Prevention
"Improving Life, One Breath at a Time