Austin Asthma Walk
March 3, 2007
Starts at Toney Burger Stadium
Registration - 8:00 am Walk Starts - 9:00 am
The 2007 Austin Walk Honors the Memory of Clifton Smith
March 9, 1978 - December 8, 1998
Clifton died suddenly of an acute asthma attack after suffering with asthma for 18 years.
Event Goal: $100,000
6 Easy Steps to Being a Successful Participant
1. Register today - the earlier you sign up, the more time you'll have to raise money and get your friends involved, too. You can create your own team or sign up for one of the teams listed. (If you want to create a team, please contact Susan Dunning at [email protected] for more information and ideas.)
2. Set a goal - we encourage you to consider at least $250 - that's just 10 people giving you $25! Make your own gift first. Then you can ask folks to join you in supporting the fight against asthma.
3. Create a webpage using one of our templates. This is where you can tell why you're involved in the walk. You can even put a photo of your own on the webpage if you wish.
4. Make a list of family members and friends. Send an email to them asking for their support and put a link to your webpage in the email. They can click on the link and donate directly. Send letters to those without email addresses. Ask them to send you a check made out to the American Lung Association.
5. Watch the contributions come in! If you're committed to the cause, it will be evident in your letter...your friends and family will want you to be successful. You can follow-up a couple of weeks before the walk, if you haven't met your goal.
6. Show up on March 3 and enjoy! You may turn in your checks at the walk. If you wish to turn them in before the walk, drop them by the Lung Association at 5926 Balcones Drive, Suite 100. Our office hours are 8:00 - 4:30 M-F.
Have you considered donating your vehicle to the asthma walk?
Contact us at [email protected] for more information.