The Walk for Healthy Lungs & Clean Air is the next generation of walking for a cause. We will breathe easier when the air over every American community is clean and pure. We will breathe easier when the air in our public spaces, workplaces, and children's homes is free of secondhand smoke. We will breathe easier when Americans are free from the addictive grip of cigarettes and the debilitating effects of lung disease. We will breathe easier when our nation's children no longer battle airborne poisons or fear an asthma attack. Until then, we are fighting for air.
The Walk is noncompetitive-anyone can participate.
Why do we need your help?
- Lung cancer kills more women than breast cancer. While breast cancer rates are dropping every year, lung cancer rates are climbing at an alarming pace.
- Responsible for one in seven deaths in the United States, lung disease is the third leading cause of death in our country.
- Lung disease is the number-one killer of babies in the world.
- Asthma rates in New England are higher for adults and children than the rest of the United States.
- Exposure to air pollution, even at levels once considered safe, can aggravate lung and heart diseases and can impede lung development. Even healthy adults are at risk when they breathe polluted air.
The American Lung Association
The American Lung Association in New England is part of the American Lung Association, the oldest voluntary health organization in the United States. Our mission is to prevent lung disease and promote lung health through research, education, and advocacy. We fight the diseases and poisons that harm the lungs of our families and communities. When you join the American Lung Association in the fight for healthy lungs and clean air, you help people suffering today and keep America healthy tomorrow.
Can't make it?
Still want to raise money and earn incentives?
Register at the "Virtual Walk" location!
As a Virtual Walker, you still do all your fundraising online!
You can even form a Virtual Walk TEAM!
You will still earn incentives.