American Lung Association of Oklahoma
DATE: Saturday, April 23, 2005
PLACE: LaFortune Park, Tulsa
TIME: Registration Begins at 9:00 AM
Walk Starts at 10:00 AM
LaFortune Park, Tulsa
Thank you Green Country for a great event!!!
Join the fight against the asthma epidemic.Buy and wear the 'BREATHEASIER' wristband. The American Lung Association and GlaxoSmithKline are working together to promote asthma awareness. Together, we've launched the
'BREATHEASIER' campaign. GlaxoSmithKline has provided the Lung Association with wristbands at no cost and will match the first $250,000 raised through the campaign. All proceeds will benefit the American Lung Association's asthma programs and the fight against lung disease.
Wear a 'BREATHEASIER' wristband and share one with your friends and family -
help the American Lung Association fight asthma.
For each dollar donated you will receive a wristband - If you do want to donate your wristbands back to American Lung Association...what will happen to them? Great question.
Once we have enough for an entire elementary school, the American Lung Association will donate them to the children and administrative staff. This will help raise awareness and lessen the stigma of living with asthma for children!!!
Celebrity Chair 2005 - Chera Kimiko
Join us and Blow the Whistle on Asthma. Take a short walk to support the over 27.6 million Americans who suffer from Asthma. Together we can make a difference. Remember to visit the American Lung Association National web site www.lungusa.org for information on lung health resources, including programs and events in your area.
Asthma Walk is nationally sponsored by The Respiratory Institute
established by GlaxoSmithKline and Toyota Prius.
Can't be there but want to help...go to "view our teams" then join the "I'm not a morning person" team.
- Asthma is a chronic condition affecting 27.6 million Americans, with an alarming 55% increase in the death rate.
- To decrease the number of preventable deaths occuring each day by raising funds for important research, education, advocacy and programs.
- To reduce the soaring economic costs of asthma. Over 12 billion is spent annually to keep Asthma under control.
- Last year alone, $4.6 BILLION dollars was in lost productivity and $9.4 Billion dollars was spent in annual health care costs.
- The American Lung Association of Oklahoma is a small organization tackling big problems and we need your help.
- To assist in helping one to breathe is a noble and worthy endeavor.
- When you can't breathe, nothing else matters.
"Improving Life, One Breath at a Time"