American Lung Association® of FL, Inc.
ASTHMA WALK 2005
DATE: March 12, 2005
TIME: 8:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. 5K Walk
LOCATION: McKenzie Park
Oak Ave & Park St.
|Join us and Blow the Whistle on Asthma. Thanks for participating and donating online! All the tools you need to join us are right here!
||Register as a company team, family team or as an individual.
||Create and personalize your own Web page.
||Attain your fundraising goal by sending personalized e-mails to your friends and family asking for their support.
Have fun at the Asthma Walk while helping to Blow the Whistle on Asthma!
Join us and Blow the Whistle on Asthma! Take a walk to support the over 20.3 million Americans who suffer from Asthma; over 592,000 live in Florida. In Bay County alone, an estimated 7,473 adults and 3,089 children have been diagnosed with asthma. Together we can make a difference. Your participation in the 2005 Asthma Walk will support asthma education, services and research in our 8-county Northwest region. Visit the American Lung Association National web site www.lungusa.org for information on lung health resources, including programs and events in your area or call 1-800-LUNG-USA.
Asthma Walk is nationally sponsored by The Respiratory Institute
established by GlaxoSmithKline and Toyota Prius.
- Asthma is a chronic condition affecting 17 million Americans, with an alarming 55% increase in the death rate.
- To decrease the number of preventable deaths occuring each day by raising funds for important research, education, advocacy and programs.
- To reduce the soaring economic costs of asthma. Over $12 billion is spent annually to keep Asthma under control.
- Last year, $4.6 Billion dollars was in lost productivity and $9.4 Billion dollars was spent in annual health care costs.
- The American Lung Association of Florida is a small organization tackling big problems and we need your help.
- To assist in helping one to breathe is a noble and worthy endeavor.
- When you can't breathe, nothing else matters.
"Improving Life, One Breath at a Time"
(850) 478-5864 (LUNG)
1-800 LUNG USA