American Lung Association of Forida, Inc.
North Area, Big Bend Office
ASTHMA WALK 2005
DATE: Saturday April 9, 2005
TIME: 8:00 am Registration Begins
9:00 am Walk Starts
(please park cars at the SouthWood Sales Center and meet lakeside)
Patsy Malley, Regional Director or
Angelika E. Parker, Development Assistant
539 Silver Slipper Lane, Suite A
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Join us and Blow the Whistle on Asthma. Take a walk to support the over 20.3 million Americans who suffer from Asthma; over 592,000 live in Florida. In Leon County alone, an estimated 9,705 adults and 2,763 children have been diagnosed with asthma. Together we can make a difference. Your participation in the 2005 Asthma Walk will support asthma education, services and research in our 15-county Big Bend region. Visit the American Lung Association National web site www.lungusa.org for information on lung health resources, including programs and events in your area or call 1-800-LUNG-USA.
Asthma Walk is nationally sponsored by The Respiratory Institute
established by GlaxoSmithKline and Toyota Prius.
- Asthma is a chronic condition affecting 17 million Americans, with an alarming 55% increase in the death rate.
- To decrease the number of preventable deaths occuring each day by raising funds for important research, education, advocacy and programs.
- To reduce the soaring economic costs of asthma. Over 12 billion is spent annually to keep Asthma under control.
- Last year alone, $4.6 BILLION dollars was in lost productivity and $9.4 Billion dollars was spent in annual health care costs.
- The American Lung Association of Florida is a small organization tackling big problems and we need your help.
- To assist in helping one to breathe is a noble and worthy endeavor.
- When you can't breathe, nothing else matters.
"Improving Life, One Breath at a Time"