American Lung Association of Florida-Gulfcoast Area
ASTHMA WALK 2006 - Tampa Bay
DATE: Saturday May 13, 2006
TIME: Registration Begins at 8:00 A.M.
Walk Begins at 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: The Lowry Park Zoo, Tampa, Florida
ALA Contact Information:
110 Carillon Parkway
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
Fax: (727) 345-0287
Email: [email protected]
Join us and Blow the Whistle on Asthma. Take a walk to support the over 20.3 million Americans who suffer from Asthma; over 592,000 live in Florida. In Hillsborough County, an estimated 39,921 adults and 12,861 children have been diagnosed with asthma. In Pinellas County, an estimated 40,019 adults and 9,160 children have been diagnosed with asthma. Together we can make a difference. Your participation in the 2006 Asthma Walk will support asthma education, services and research in our Gulfcoast Area region. Visit the American Lung Association National web site www.lungusa.org for information on lung health resources, including programs and events in your area or call 1-800-LUNG-USA.
Asthma Walk is nationally sponsored by The Respiratory Institute
established by GlaxoSmithKline and Toyota Prius.
- Asthma is a chronic condition affecting 17 million Americans, with an alarming 55% increase in the death rate.
- To decrease the number of preventable deaths occuring each day by raising funds for important research, education, advocacy and programs.
- To reduce the soaring economic costs of asthma. Over 12 billion is spent annually to keep Asthma under control.
- Last year alone, $4.6 BILLION dollars was lost in productivity and $9.4 BILLION dollars was spent in annual health care costs related to asthma.
- The American Lung Association of Florida is a small organization tackling big problems and we need your help.
- To assist in helping one to breathe is a noble and worthy endeavor.
- When you can't breathe, nothing else matters.
"Improving Life, One Breath at a Time"