American Lung Association of Houston
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Katy Mills Mall
Registration 8:00 AM - Walk Begins 9:00 AM
6 Easy Steps to Being a Successful Participant
1. Register today - the earlier you sign up, the more time you'll have to raise money and get your friends involved, too. You can create your own team or sign up for one of the teams listed. (If you want to create a team, please contact Soleil Manzo at [email protected] for more information and ideas.)
2. Set a goal - we encourage you to consider at least $250 - that's just 10 people giving you $25! Make your own gift first. Then you can ask folks to join you in supporting the fight against asthma.
3. Create a webpage using one of our templates. This is where you can tell why you're involved in the walk. You can even put a photo of your own on the webpage if you wish.
4. Make a list of family members and friends. Send an email to them asking for their support and put a link to your webpage in the email. They can click on the link and donate directly. Send letters to those without email addresses. Ask them to send you a check made out to the American Lung Association.
Remember to ask your donors about a matching gift program at their company - it could double your fundraising!
5. Watch the contributions come in! If you're committed to the cause, it will be evident in your letter...your friends and family will want you to be successful. You can follow-up a couple of weeks before the walk, if you haven't met your goal.
6. Show up on May 5th and enjoy! You may turn in your checks at the walk. If you wish to turn them in before the walk, drop them by the Lung Association at 2030 North Loop West, Suite 250 Houston, Texas 77018. Our office hours are 8:00 - 4:30 M-F.